Thursday, March 1, 2007

Phantom of the Opera Review


Starring: Emmy Rossum, Gerard Butler, Minnie Driver, Miranda Richardson

So I'm not sure if this movie follows the musical perfectly, or anything, but I love it to death. I love the colours used in the film as well as the costumes and music. I don't know what it is about the music, but I find it strangely addictive.

I love how they chose a very good looking, great actor to play the phantom and I'm glad that he also gets to sing some of the songs. What I like even more is that he's not that bad at it. But why would a hot Scottish man be bad at singing hot songs like that?

Gerard Butler sings The Music of the Night and The Mirror and parts of The Phantom of the Opera. I don't think Emmy Rossum sings anything in the movie because she's boring.

I really liked Minnie Driver's character in this movie. For some reason, although everyone can't stand her, she's one of my favourite actresses...I don't really know why.
3.5/5

No comments: