Friday, February 2, 2007

Edward Scissorhands Review

I guess I'll start reviewing all my favourite movies. I've decided to start with Edward Scissorhands. This movie has been a favourite since I was 5 years old. I've been a fan of Johnny Depp's ever since. I'll warn you now that Johnny Depp will most likely show up A LOT in this blog.

As stated above, this movie stars Johnny Depp, Winona Ryder, Dianne Wiest, Anthony Michael Hall, and VINCENT PRICE! (woot for Vincent Price)

The movie follows a man who has lived in a castle all his life. He was created by an inventor who died a while before he was discovered by an Avon lady named Peg (Wiest). She brings him back to her place to live with her family. He then falls in love with Peg's daughter, Kim (Ryder). He discovers he has a talent for cutting hair - human and animal alike.

In the end, he realizes he does not belong in the town and goes back to his home. Kim's boyfriend Jim (who rhymes names like that, honestly? lol) follows Edward to kill him. Edward ends up killing Jim and Kim goes back to the town to tell everyone they killed each other although Edward is still alive.

My favourite scene is pictured above when Edward realizes he can hold somebody without hurting them.

Rating: 5/5 Stars

No comments: