Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Marilyn Monroe

I've always loved Marilyn Monroe. At first it was her dominating looks and it gradually became about her acting style and much more. She is one of my biggest inspirations for everything. I love her look and her style as well as her quirkiness and controversy surrounding her.

The first movie I had ever seen was Seven Year Itch with the famous dress blowing scene. I know the scene off by heart and sometimes, it's a bit of a guilty pleasure knowing it. I thought she was even more dynamic and powerful in motion than she was in pictures.

I also love it when she sings. My favourite song is "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend" but I don't like hearing anybody else singing it. Towards the end of "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes", Jane Russell sings it, and it just isn't the same. In the movie Moulin Rouge, Nicole Kidman sings it, and I just never could get into that movie after I heard that.

My favourite quote from Marilyn is the following: "It's not true that I had nothing on. I had the radio on," (She was referring to the time she posed for Playboy).

I usually get offended when people make fun of or creates theories about her death. I'd like to believe in the conspiracy theories rather than the suicide angle, but I'd rather just remember how awesome she was.

She is truly an icon that will probably never go away completely.

No comments: